Red Sox Make a Flurry of Moves Returning to the United States
The Boston Red Sox made a series of moves on Monday, July 1st as they arrived in Toronto from London, after losing 2 games to the New York Yankees.
All together they made 5 moves, with at least 1 more in the future late Monday night or Tuesday, July 2nd prior to their game against the Blue Jays.
- Right-handed pitcher Mike Shawaryn was optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket following yesterday’s game against the Yankees.
- First baseman/outfielder Sam Travis was returned to Pawtucket after serving as the club’s 26th man for the London Series against the Yankees, June 29-30.
- First baseman/outfielder Steve Pearce (low back strain) had his injury rehabilitation assignment recalled today.
- Infielder Tzu-Wei Lin was returned from his injury rehabilitation assignment today, reinstated from the injured list, and was optioned to Pawtucket.
- Right-handed pitcher Trevor Kelley will be selected to the active major league roster tomorrow from Pawtucket. Kelley will wear No. 71.
A corresponding move will be made tomorrow to add Kelley to the 40-man roster.
Boston’s bullpen ERA is 4.37. That’s on pace to be among the worst ERAs a Red Sox bullpen has had in the 51 seasons they’ve played since saves became official in 1969. Of the 34 save opportunities they’ve had this season, the Sox have converted just 17
The Red Sox will play a 3 game series at Toronto against the Blue Jays beginning Tuesday, July 2nd. They will send David Price to the mound. Boston starts Tuesday with a record of 44-40, 11 games behind the 1st place Yankees. Tuesday's pregame starts at 6:05 and 1st pitch at 7:07. Hear that game and every Red Sox game on AM 1370 WDEA in the Ellsworth and Bar Harbor area and The Rock 101.9 FM, WOZI in Presque Isle