Red Sox Place Eovaldi on 10 Day Disabled List
Prior to tonight’s game against the Tampa Bay Rays, the Boston Red Sox placed right-handed pitcher Nathan Eovaldi on the 10-day injured list with a loose body in the right elbow, retroactive to April 18. To fill Eovaldi’s spot on the active 25-man roster, the club recalled left-handed pitcher Bobby Poyner from Triple-A Pawtucket.
Eovaldi is is 0-0 with a 6.00 ERA in 4 starts this season, with the Red Sox going 3-1 in his outings.
He joins 5 other Boston Red Sox players on the Disabled List. They include
- Marco Hernandez - Left shoulder joint repair - Placed on DL March 28
- Brock Holt - Right eye scratched cornea - Placed on DL April 6
- Brian Johnson - Left shoulder inflammation - Placed on DL April 6
- Dustin Pedroia - Left knee irritation - Placed on DL April 19 (Retroactive to April 18)
- Eduardo Nunez - Mid back strain - Placed on DL April 19 (Retroactive to April 18)