Ash Wednesday Services in Hancock County – February 17
Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent, is this Wednesday, February 17th. Lent is the time in the Church leading up to Easter and lasts 40 days. Easter is on Sunday, April 4th.
Here are Church Services in Hancock County that we know of for Ash Wednesday. If you are a church and want to have your Ash Wednesday services included, please email email@example.com and your information will be added
- 8:30 am Holy Redeemer Church - 56 Mount Desert Street
- 12:30 p.m. - Bar Harbor Congregational Church -Drive-thru, COVID-safe Imposition of Ashes (BHCC / Reel Pizza parking lot, Kennebec Place). Also available for home delivery by request - please contact Pastor Rob (207) 266-9026.
- 6:30 p.m. - Holy Redeemer Church - 56 Mount Desert Street
- 5 p.m. - St. Vincent de Paul Church - 60 Franklin Street
- 9 a.m. St. Joseph Church - 231 Main Street
- 12 p.m. - St. Andrew Lutheran Church, in partnership with the Ellsworth Area Ministry Association, will hold worship in the sanctuary (175 Downeast Highway), in the parking lot via FM transmitter, and on Zoom. Please contact St. Andrew at 207-667-7641 for a Zoom invitation.
- 5:30 p.m. - St. Joseph Church - 231 Main Street
Mount Desert Island (Island Wide)
- 7 p.m. - MDI UCC churches will join together in an Ash Wednesday worship service via zoom; the zoom link is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4 p.m. St. Peter Church - 5 Ocean House Road
- 8:30 a.m. St Mary Star of the Sea - 8 Granite Street