Tree Lighting in Bar Harbor Friday Dec. 1st
Friday night December 1st will be a magical night in Bar Harbor as Santa comes to town to light the tree on the Village Green, caroling, hot cocoa and cookies, children visiting with Santa, and then shopping! It's all part of the Village Holidays and Midnight Madness Sale presented by the Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce and First Advisors.
Check out photos from last year's tree lighting
The schedule is as follows
- 4:30 PM Caroling begins at the Village Green Hot Chocolate provided by Chocolatte, Milk and Cookies provided by the Restaurant Barn
- 5PM Santa arrives at the Village Green on a horse drawn sleigh by Wild Iris Farms
- 5:05 PM Santa Lights Tree and Reads "Twas the Night Before Christmas"
- 5:20 PM Santa heads down to the YMCA and upon his arrival there will be craft stations and pictures with Santa, cookies with Hannaford to hand out cards with location of photos families can download. MDI Islander passing out books through "Gift of Reading"
- 7 PM Village Holidays end
- 8 PM Midnight Madness starts! Receipts from participating merchants should be brought to the Chamber of Commerce Visitor's Center at 2 Cottage Street for entries to a pair of Cape Air round trip tickets from Bar Harbor to Boston.
In the event of inclement weather, caroling and the hot chocolate and cookies and milk will take place at the YMCA and notifications will be made here on the WDEA website as well as on the Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce and WDEA Facebook pages.
The Gold Sponsor of Village Holidays and Midnight Madness Sale is the Christmas Spirit Shop and is supported by Acadia Shops, The YMCA, Cape Air, Chocolatte and the Restaurant Barn