MDI Football Coach’s Show – August 8 [VIDEO]
With the start of the High School Athletic Season on Monday, August 14th, MDI Head Football Coach Mark Shields joined WDEA's Chris Popper on Tuesday morning, August 8th, to briefly chat about last season and looked ahead at the upcoming season.
The Trojans start the regular season at home on Friday, September 1st against Mountain Valley.
Here is the Trojan's Schedule
- Monday August 21 - Controlled Scrimmage vs. Stearns 5 p.m.
- Saturday August 26 - Exhibition at Dexter 12 noon
- Friday September 1 - vs. Mountain Valley 7 p.m.
- Friday September 8th vs. Gray-New Gloucester 6 p.m.
- Saturday September 16 vs. Camden Hills 1 .p.m
- Friday September 22 vs. Waterville 7 p.m.
- Friday September 29 at Lake Region 6 p.m.
- Friday October 6 vs. Spruce Mountain 7 p.m.
- Friday October 13 at Morse 6 p.m.
This will be Chris Popper's 17th year broadcasting MDI Football games. The plan is that we will broadcast all the regular season games, with the exception of the Friday, September 29th game at Lake Region and all the potential playoff games. All the games will be broadcast on WDEA Internet Radio, on our free downloadable APP and on any Alexa enabled device. Games will also air on WDEA AM 1370 when they don't conflict with the Red Sox games.
Click to listen to the show! The Coach's Show will air weekly now through the end of the season, hopefully deep into November!