Hurricane Lee – Friday September 15th a.m. UPDATE
Here's the latest updates from the National Weather Service in Caribou and the Hancock County Emergency Management Agency.
- A Tropical Storm Warning has been issued for Downeast Maine, the Bangor Region and the Upper Penobscot Valley
- Coastal Flood Warnings have been issued for Coastal Downeast Maine
- A Hurricane Watch remains in effect for Coastal Washington County.
- Eastern Washington County will feel the most impact from Lee, including moderate coastal flooding and erosion.
- Power outages and localized flooding from heavy rainfall could be enhanced by the rainfall earlier this week.
You should be prepared to be without power! Have you charged your electrical devices? Do you know where your flashlights are and extra batteries?
If you are going out in the storm, be careful of flooded roads. NEVER drive through a road that is flooded!
Stay tuned to this website, as we will have updates as they are issued by the National Weather Service and the Hancock County Emergency Management Association
Be sure to check in on your neighbors and the elderly
Here's the live view from Bar Harbor!
Here's the latest from Acadia National Park
TIPS: Here's how you can prepare for power outages