Heavy Winds Coming – Are You Ready If the Power Goes Out?
Downeast Maine can expect some heavy winds Wednesday night into Thursday, with gusts up to 60 miles per hour on Thursday. With the trees still full of leaves and branches heavy, are you ready if the power goes out?
Here are some steps to take in the event you lose electricity.
- Make sure your electronics are charged. If you have a portable power supply, you should make sure that is charged as well.
- Check back here at the WDEA website! We will post power outage updates when we receive them from Emera.
- Keep flashlights handy, and make sure you have fresh batteries in them
- Make sure you have drinking water and water to flush the toilets if you are on a well
- Make sure you have some non-perishable food items to eat
- If you are using a generator, make sure you have an adequate supply of fuel, and make sure it is adequately vented
- If you see a downed power line, stay away! You should never touch it or attempt to move it. If a line falls on your car, stay there until Emera Maine make sure it is safe for you to get out.
- Call Emera Maine’s Customer Contact Center to report a power outage, downed line or other power emergency at 1-855-EMERA-11 or (207) 973-2000.