Friends in Action May Lunch Menu
One of the hardest things about COVID was the sense of isolation that many people have felt. That's why I am so pleased to see that Friends in Action has resumed their Senior Lunches every Tuesday at 12 Noon. And now, due to popular demand, they have expanded and are serving on Thursdays at 12 noon !
The lunches are served at the Moore Community Center in Ellsworth across from Knowlton Park. The cost of the lunches are $5.00, which is a dollar increase that went into effect on February 2nd
The lunches are nutritious, delicious, inexpensive and more importantly a chance for seniors to get together in an warm setting and meet new friends or catch up with old friends!
The lunches have proven to be so popular that Friends in Action is asking that you let them know by Monday at 5 p.m. that you will be attending the Tuesday lunch and by 5 p.m. on Wednesday if you will be attending the Thursday lunch, so that way they have enough food prepared and place settings set. You can either let them know at the lunch or by giving them a call at 664-6016
Here are the May menus
- Tuesday May 2 - Taco Salad, (Ground Beef, Refried Beans, Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese, Sour Cream and Salsa), Green Beans, Fruit and Dessert
- Thursday May 4 - Hawaiian Chicken, Rice, Stir Fry Vegetables, Fruit and Dessert
- Tuesday, May 9 - Mac 'N Cheese, Roll, Carrots, Fruit and Dessert
- Thursday May 11 - Pulled Pork Sandwich, Coleslaw, Pickle, Fruit and Dessert
- Tuesday, May 16 - Sausage Gravy and Biscuit, Scrambled Eggs, Grilled Potatoes, Fruit and Dessert
- Thursday May 18 - Baked Potato Bar (Shredded BBQ Chicken, Broccoli, Cheese, Sour Cream and Bacon Crumbles), Roll, Fruit and Dessert
- Tuesday, May 23 - Ground Beef Stroganoff, Noodles, Roll, Corn, Fruit and Dessert
- Thursday, May 25 - Lasagna, Side Salad, Garlic Bread, Fruit and Dessert
- Tuesday, May 30 - Mongolian Beef, Rice, Peas, Fruit and Dessert
KEEP READING: Here are 6 foods from your cookout that could harm your dog