6th Earthquake Since August 11th Shakes Washington County
For the 6th time since August 11th, a earthquake shook Washington County, Maine, the latest occurring on Saturday afternoon, August 20th at 3:06 p.m.
Saturday's quake measured 2.0 on the Richter Scale and was centered 2 miles East Southeast of Centerville, Maine.
If you felt Saturday's earthquake you are encouraged to report it HERE
Centerville seems to be the focal point, as 5 of the earthquakes have been within a 2 mile radius of that town in Washington County!
Earthquakes in August have been as follows
- Saturday August 20 3:06 p.m. 2.0 on the Richter Scale 2 miles ESE of Centerville.
- Wednesday, August 17 3:17 p.m. 2.0 on the Richter Scale 2 miles East of Centerville
- Wednesday August 17 2:15 a.m. 3.0 on the Richter Scale 2 miles ESE of Centerville
- Saturday August 13 7:35 a.m. 2.1 on the Richter Scale 2 miles ESE of Centerville
- Thursday August 11 7:09 p.m. 2.8 on the Richter Scle 2 miles ESES of Centerville
- Thursday August 11 7:29 a.m. 2.8 on the Richter Scale 2 miles West Northwest of Jonesboro
Jonesboro is only 7 miles away from Centerville.