6th Earthquake Since August 11th Shakes Washington County
For the 6th time since August 11th, a earthquake shook Washington County, Maine, the latest occurring on Saturday afternoon, August 20th at 3:06 p.m.
Saturday's quake measured 2.0 on the Richter Scale and was centered 2 miles East Southeast of Centerville, Maine.
If you felt Saturday's earthquake you are encouraged to report it HERE
Centerville seems to be the focal point, as 5 of the earthquakes have been within a 2 mile radius of that town in Washington County!
Earthquakes in August have been as follows
- Saturday August 20 3:06 p.m. 2.0 on the Richter Scale 2 miles ESE of Centerville.
- Wednesday, August 17 3:17 p.m. 2.0 on the Richter Scale 2 miles East of Centerville
- Wednesday August 17 2:15 a.m. 3.0 on the Richter Scale 2 miles ESE of Centerville
- Saturday August 13 7:35 a.m. 2.1 on the Richter Scale 2 miles ESE of Centerville
- Thursday August 11 7:09 p.m. 2.8 on the Richter Scle 2 miles ESES of Centerville
- Thursday August 11 7:29 a.m. 2.8 on the Richter Scale 2 miles West Northwest of Jonesboro
Jonesboro is only 7 miles away from Centerville.
Get our free mobile app
These Are the Candies That Mainers Want to Eat For Halloween This Year
Mainers share which candy they actually want to see after trick or treating. Candy containing peanut butter seems to be the most wanted.