Route 3 Bar Harbor Corridor Work Plan Week Ending June 9
Construction continues on the Bar Harbor Route 3 corridor. Here's the work plan for the week ending June 9th
The detour is in effect, and remember commercial vehicles should not be using the Park Loop Road detour! There have been instances when vehicles have been pulled over for not following the rules. It is so important to drive carefully and slowly on the detour route. Please follow the directions of the flaggers and try to move over to give the construction crews as much room as possible.
Here's the anticipated work plan. Remember everything is weather dependent.
The contractor will be working in the areas stated below for the week:
- Working on new drainage from Duck Brook to the College of the Atlantic
- Starting work on waterline from West Street to Highbrook Road
- Fine grading and paving driveways from the Crooked Road to the Acadia National Park entrance
- Working on sidewalks from West Street to Eagle Lake Road, and the Crooked Road to the Acadia National Park entrance
- Placing curbing from the Crooked Road to the Acadia National Park entrance and on Eagle Lake Road