Farmer’s Markets in Hancock County and the Schoodic Region
Fruits and vegetables are starting to pop up in local farmer's markets throughout the area. Here are a list of Farmer's Markets in Hancock County and the Schoodic Region according Healthy Acadia.
Many of the vendors at these markets will accept SNAP benefits and some participate in the Maine Harvest Bucks incentive program, which allows SNAP shoppers to receive bonus fruits and vegetables. Certain vendors also accept WIC payments.
- Eden Market - 21 Park Street - Sundays 9 a.m. to 12 noon. May - October
- Blue Hill Market - Blue Hill Fairgrounds Saturday 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. May - October
- Brooklin Farmer's Market - 4 Bay Road - Thursdays 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. June - October.
- Brooksville Farmer's Market - Brooksville Community Center - Tuesdays 9:30 a.m. to 12 noon June - September
- Bucksport Bay Farmer's Market - 99 Main Street - Thursdays Noon to 3 p.m. May - October
- Ellsworth Farmer's Market - 190 Main Street - Saturdays, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. April - October.
- Milbridge Farmer's Market - 29 Main Street - Saturdays 9 a.m. to 12 noon May - September
- Northeast Harbor Farmer's Market - Village Green - Thursdays 9 a.m. to 12 noon June 29 - August 31
- Southwest Harbor Farmer's Market - St. John's Church , Main Street - Fridays 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. June through Columbus Day.
- Stonington Farmer's Market - Island Community Center on School Street - Fridays 10 a.m. - 12 noon Memorial Day -September
- Winter Harbor Farmer's Market - 10 Newman Street - Tuesdays 9 a.m. to 12 Noon, June - September
LOOK: Things from the year you were born that don't exist anymore