Ellsworth Postpones Celebration of Maine’s Bicentennial and Winter Carnival March 14-15
According to the Ellsworth 200 website “With the rapid spread of the Coronavirus and the fear surrounding the possible continued spread in large gatherings, The City Of Ellsworth & Committees have decided to postpone the events until further notice.”
Maine became a state on March 15, 1820. The weekend of March 14-15 Ellsworth is going all out, celebrating Maine’s Bicentennial with fun activities for the whole family and Ellsworth’s Winter Carnival!
For full details on activities be sure to go to the Ellsworth 200 website!
Here are some of the activities
Saturday March 14
- Cardboard Sled Races and Snowmobile Rides – Woodlawn Museum 9 a.m. registration 10 a.m. races begin
- Heart of Ellsworth Bean Supper – 142 Main Street (J&B Atlantic) 5-7 p.m. There will be live music, cash bar, kids games and a baked bean supper
- Live Theater – “You Can’t Take It With You” – The Grand 7 p.m.
- Fireworks – Ellsworth High School 7 p.m.
Sunday March 15
- Food Trucks on Franklin Street 3-6 p.m.
- Live Music – Franklin Street Extension 3-6 p.m.
- Children’s Story Telling, Facepainting, Children’s Games and Photo Booth 142 Main Street (J&B Atlantic) 3-7 p.m.
- Birthday Cake Contest 142 Main Street (J&B Atlantic) 6-7 p.m.