Bar Harbor Bank & Trust to Match Food Pantry Donations Made November 9-13 on Mount Desert Island and in the Greater Ellsworth Area
Bar Harbor Bank and Trust will make your cash donations to local food pantries go further November 9th-13th as they will be matching a portion of all cash donations.
The Bank will match a portion of cash donations to the following pantries on Mount Desert Island and in the Greater Ellsworth area.
- Bar Harbor Food Pantry - Bar Harbor, Maine
- Emmaus Homeless Shelter - Ellsworth, Maine
- Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry - Ellsworth, Maine
- MSM Family Food Center – Cherryfield, Maine
- Tree of Life Food Pantry – Blue Hill, Maine
- Westside Food Pantry - Southwest Harbor, Maine
Bar Harbor Bank and Trust has historically held an in-branch food drive every November, but the event was deferred this year in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Instead, the Bank is encouraging the community to make donations directly to the food pantries.
Joseph Schmitt the Chief Marketing Officer for Bar Harbor Bank and Trust said
“Because of COVID-19, this has been a particularly challenging year, and many of our neighbors are experiencing food insecurity as a result. We encourage anyone who is able to make a donation to the local food pantry to do so and help our neighbors in need.”