After 6 Earthquakes in Washington County in August, 1 on September 1st
The Earth was rumbling in Washington County in August! In fact there were 6 earthquakes from August 11 through August 20th. Then it was as Mother Nature took a deep breath. Nothing until today, September 1st when there was another earthquake!
September's earthquake occurred at 3:46 p.m. on Thursday, September 1st. It measured 2.6 on the Richter Scale, and occurred in the vicinity of the previous quakes. Thursday's earthquake was located 2 miles southeast of Centerville.
Did you feel Thursday's earthquake? You can report it HERE
Earthquakes in August have been as follows
- Saturday August 20 3:06 p.m. 2.0 on the Richter Scale 2 miles ESE of Centerville.
- Wednesday, August 17 3:17 p.m. 2.0 on the Richter Scale 2 miles East of Centerville
- Wednesday August 17 2:15 a.m. 3.0 on the Richter Scale 2 miles ESE of Centerville
- Saturday August 13 7:35 a.m. 2.1 on the Richter Scale 2 miles ESE of Centerville
- Thursday August 11 7:09 p.m. 2.8 on the Richter Scle 2 miles ESES of Centerville
- Thursday August 11 7:29 a.m. 2.8 on the Richter Scale 2 miles West Northwest of Jonesboro
The Ultimate Guide to Maine Specialty License Plates