Voting by Mail? Plan Ahead!
It was nice to receive the following mailer from the United States Post Office yesterday. It offered 5 things to do if you are planning on voting by mail in the 2020 election, which is on November 3rd.
- Start today. Give yourself and your election officials ample time to complete the process
- Rules and dates vary by state, so contact your election board to confirm. Find links at www.usps.com/votinginfo
- Request your mail-in ballot (often called "absentee" ballot) at least 15 days before Election Day
- Once received, follow the instructions. Add postage to the return envelope if needed.
- We recommend you mail your ballot at least 7 days before Election Day