Rt. 3 Workplan Week Ending 9/23
Construction continues on the Route 3 Bar Harbor Corridor Construction Project. Here’s the work plan for the week ending Saturday, September 23rd.
The area from Old Bar Harbor Road to Sand Point Road has been opened up to two-way traffic until further notice. The Crooked Road Detour and first one-way loop is up and running. Please drive safely and pay attention to signage, traffic signals, and flaggers.
The contractor will be working in the following areas
- Excavating mainline and placing new gravel from Hamor Lane to Crooked Road
- Placing new drainage from Hamor Lane to Crooked Road
- Backing up shoulders and driveways from Sand Point Road to East Hillside Drive
- Wet Cast Wall construction near the Hulls Cove School House
- Placing heavy rip rap in Hulls Cove on the shore side of the road
- Slipform concrete curbing will be placed form Old Bar Harbor Road to East Hillside Drive
- Public works will be installing new water services from Hamor Lane to Crooked Road
- The utility companies will be conducting working from the Breakneck Road/ Ocean Avenue to Prospect Street and West Street to Eagle Lake Road
All scheduling is weather dependent and subject to change. In the event that this happens, updates will be made and sent out as soon as possible.