Rt 3 Bar Harbor Construction W/E Oct 14
Take a deep breath and exhale. Construction work has stopped on the Bar Harbor Route 3 Corridor for the Columbus Day Holiday and will not resume until Tuesday, October 10th. Here's the work plan for Tuesday, October 10th through Saturday, October 14th.
The area from Old Bar Harbor Road to Sand Point Road has been opened up to two-way traffic until further notice. The Crooked Road Detour and first one-way loop is up and running. Please drive safely and pay attention to signage, traffic signals, and flaggers.
The contractor will be working in the areas stated below October 10th through the 14th.
- Placing new drainage and water services from Crooked Road to Breakneck Road
- Backing up shoulders and driveways from East Hillside Drive to Crooked Road
- Paving driveways at various locations
- Placing curbing from East Hillside Drive to Crooked Road
- Working on the rockery wall from East Hillside Drive to Lookout Point Road South
- Installing catch basin frames and grates from East Hillside Drive to Crooked Road
- Placing new water main from West Street to Eagle Lake Road
- The utility companies will be conducting work from the Breakneck Road/ Ocean Avenue to Prospect Street, and West Street to Eagle Lake Road