Route 3 Corridor Bar Harbor Construction Work Plan Week Ending October 6th
A double dose of good news this week. First we received an update from the Maine Department of Transportation with the Work Plan for the Bar Harbor Route 3 construction corridor for the week ending October 6th. Second, there will be no work between Friday, October 5th and Monday, October 8th for the Columbus Day/Indigenous People Weekend Holiday, and construction will resume on Tuesday, October 9th.
The detour is in effect, and remember commercial vehicles should not be using the Park Loop Road detour! There have been instances when vehicles have been pulled over for not following the rules. It is so important to drive carefully and slowly on the detour route. Please follow the directions of the flaggers and try to move over to give the construction crews as much room as possible.
Here's the anticipated work plan. Remember everything is weather dependent.
The contractor will be working in the areas stated below for the week:
- Working on new drainage from The Bluffs to the Acadia National Park Entrance
- Placing new water services from The Bluffs to the Acadia National Park Entrance
- Milling and grading roadway from Duck Brook to The Bluffs
- Placing frames and grates on catch basins from Duck Brook to the Acadia National Park Entrance
- Grade and pave driveways from Duck Brook to The Bluffs
- Placing granite curbing on Highbrook Road and the Acadia National Park Entrance