Route 3 Bar Harbor Construction Work Plan Week Ending August 18
The good news... There's 1 more peak week of summer traffic. The bad news... There's 1 more peak week of summer traffic! Construction continues on the Bar Harbor Route 3 corridor. Here's the work plan for the week ending August 18th.
The detour is in effect, and remember commercial vehicles should not be using the Park Loop Road detour! There have been instances when vehicles have been pulled over for not following the rules. It is so important to drive carefully and slowly on the detour route. Please follow the directions of the flaggers and try to move over to give the construction crews as much room as possible.
Here's the anticipated work plan. Remember everything is weather dependent.
The contractor will be working in the areas stated below for the week:
- Working on new drainage from the College of the Atlantic to West Street, from Duck Brook towards the Bluffs, and working on the new large pipe at Duck Brook
- Working on water services from Duck Brook towards the Bluffs
- Excavating and grading gravel driveways from Duck Brook to the College of the Atlantic
- Grading and paving from The Bayview to the College of the Atlantic
- Installing new curbing from Duck Brook to the Bayview