Route 3 Bar Harbor Construction Work Plan Week Ending August 11th
The summer traffic will be at its peak this and next week. Construction continues on the Bar Harbor Route 3 corridor. Here's the work plan for the week ending August 11th.
The detour is in effect, and remember commercial vehicles should not be using the Park Loop Road detour! There have been instances when vehicles have been pulled over for not following the rules. It is so important to drive carefully and slowly on the detour route. Please follow the directions of the flaggers and try to move over to give the construction crews as much room as possible.
Here's the anticipated work plan. Remember everything is weather dependent.
The contractor will be working in the areas stated below for the week:
- Working on new drainage systems from the College of the Atlantic to West Street
- Working on water services from the College of the Atlantic to West Street
- Excavating and grading gravel drives from The Bayview to the College of the Atlantic
- Removing pavement and grading existing roadway from The Bayview to the College of the Atlantic
- Installing granite curbing from Duck Brook to the Bayview