Route 3 Bar Harbor Construction – Week Ending September 9th
With Labor Day having come and gone, construction has resumed on the Route 3 Bar Harbor Corridor Construction Project. Here's the workplan for the week ending Saturday, September 9th.
The area from Old Bar Harbor Road to Sand Point Road has been opened up to two-way traffic until further notice. The Crooked Road Detour and first one-way loop is up and running. Please drive safely and pay attention to signage, traffic signals, and flaggers.
Emera Maine will be conducing work around West Street and Eagle Lake Road.
The contractor will be working in the areas stated below for the week:
- Backing up shoulders and driveways from Sand Point Road to Lookout Point Road North.
- Placing new drainage from Hamor Lane to Crooked Road.
- Excavating subgrade, placing new gravel, and fine grading from Lookout Point Road North to Crooked Road.
- Public works will be installing new water services from Hamor Lane to Crooked Road.
- Wet cast wall construction near the Hulls Cove School House.
- Heavy rip rap will be placed in Hulls Cove along the shore side of the road.
- Utilities will be working in the Bluffs.