PVC Girls Swim Championships [PHOTOS]
Observations from attending the PVC Girl's Swim Championships this morning, February 10th at Husson University.
- Wearing a coat outside into the indoor swimming pool isn't the smartest thing! It's hot and humid in there!
- Chlorine! Chlorine! Chlorine! I think my hair and clothes were bleached from being in the pool area for a little over a hour!
- Whistling and cheering! Don't go to a swim meet unless you're ready for a lot of noise!
- Constant motion! I was on the deck of the pool, taking the photos and coaches go up and down the side of the pool in time with their swimmers
- The camaraderie! Everyone cheers for everyone! And swimming is inclusive! The fastest swimmers and slower swimmers are cheered equally by all, and truth be told, some of the slower swimmers receive the loudest cheers!
Swimmers receive short shrift during the winter season because most of their meets are held at the same time as basketball games. Despite the fact that I've been accused of having a split personality, it's just not possible to be in 2 places at once. I'm so glad I was able to take these photos this morning.
The most boring job at the swim meet belongs to the lifeguards!
Check out some of the photos from the Championships!