More details were revealed yesterday in court about a shooting spree in Northern Maine that left two people dead and several injured. The focus of the rampage seems to revolve around the kidnapping of 21-year-old Brittany Irish, who police say knew her attacker.

Anthony Lord of Crystal and Houlton admitted to the fatal shootings of Kyle Hewitt and Kevin Tozier in court yesterday. He was not required to enter a plea for the two counts of murder and one count of kidnapping, but he did tell the judge he understands the charges. He was arrested on Friday afternoon at his uncle's home in Houlton. Irish was reportedly with him when he was apprehended.

The chain of events started when it's believed that Lord set fire to a barn belonging to Kim Irish, Brittany's mother, on Thursday night. From there, he allegedly went to the Silver Ridge Township home of Kary Mayo. Officials say Mayo was tied to a chair and beaten over the head before his truck and guns were stolen.

Lord arrived back at the Benedicta home of Kim Irish just before 5 a.m. While there,  he shot and wounded Kim Irish and shot Brittany's boyfriend, Kyle Hewitt, who was sleeping on a couch. According to a police affidavit, Hewitt was shot multiple times and succumbed to his injuries after being taken by LifeFlight to a local hospital.

Brittany Irish tried to escape by climbing out a bathroom window and jumping on the back of a passing pickup truck being driven by 60-year-old Carlton Eddy of Benedicta. Eddy was driving by to check out the fire damage to his neighbor's barn. After Irish jumped on his truck, Eddy said Lord came out of the woods with a gun. He jumped on the pickup and starting firing, striking Eddy three times. He was injured but survived the attack.

Lord grabbed Irish and the two headed out in another vehicle. They were involved in a high-speed chase with police in East Millnocket, with Lord shooting at police, before pulling onto a woodlot in Winn. There, they encountered 58-year-old Kevin Tozier and 54-year-old Clayton McCarthy. When the men questioned Irish about an injury on her arm, Lord allegedly opened fire, injuring McCarthy and killing Tozier. Lord stole the men's pulp truck and took off.

Anthony Lord has a long criminal history and is a lifetime registrant on the Maine Sex Offender registry. The motive for the crimes is still under investigation.