Neighbors Feeding Neighbors – Open Table MDI
Open Table MDI has been doing tremendous work, feeding hungry people for free in Bar Harbor at the Congregational Church, for the last 3 years. Now they're stepping it up, introducing a new program, Neighbors Feeding Neighbors.
This program will award a weekly grant of $500 (for families) or $250 (for individuals/couples) in the form of Hannaford, Southwest Food Mart or A&B Naturals Gift Cards to locals whose income is being adversely impacted by COVID-19. The first round of applications will be received on a rolling basis between May 1 – June 24, 2020 and will continue as long as funds are available.
Any families or individuals (18+) who are year-round residents of Mount Desert Island or the Town of Trenton, and feel they are facing economic hardship related to COVID-19, are welcome to apply. Only one request per family or individual. Once you have applied, there is no need to apply again. They will keep your application on file and alert you if you’ve been selected.
How Does It Work?
- Fill out the Application by Clicking HERE
- Each Friday, by 4 p.m. the Committee will select 1 Family or 2 individuals/couples. Those selected will be contacted by a representative of Open Table MDI and they will coordinate either mailing your gift card or arranging pick-up. A family will receive a $500 gift card and individual/couples will receive a $250 gift card
- Because of confidentiality, recipients will not be announced publicly. Recipients will be contacted by phone or email.
- Gift Cards may be selected for Hannaford, Southwest Food Mart or A & B Naturals. Recipients must choose 1 of the 3. Thanks to A&B Naturals, those selecting that store will receive an additional 20% off their order each time they use their gift card.
- Gift Cards may not be used for the purchase of alcohol, tobacco or other gift cards.
If you wish to donate to this program, please click HERE