Memorial Day Parade Information Around Maine
Memorial Day is a time to honor our nation's military and appreciate the freedoms afforded us by their sacrifices. It's also a time to gather with family and friends to kick off the start of the summer season. And a great way to do both is to attend a parade in your town! Laugh with your loved ones and applaud the soldiers, all in one place. Here's a list of some places where you do that!
This is only a partial list, but it will give you an idea of where there are some parades around the state. All of these parades are being held on Monday, May 25th. If you know of one I missed, feel free to add it in the comments section below. Thanks, and have a wonderful Memorial Weekend!
- Bangor - The parade kicks off at 10:15 a.m. on Exchange Street and will follow Harlow Street to Central, onto Main Street in Downtown Bangor until it ends with a memorial service at the USS Maine monument in Davenport Park. (right behind the Bangor Police Station)
- Ellsworth - The fun starts with a road race at 9 a.m. that goes from the Chamber of Commerce building on High Street, down Main Street, to Water Street and into the RF Jordan Construction parking lot. The parade will follow at 10 a.m., and will run from State Street to School and onto Main Street, with a brief ceremony on the bridge that will stop traffic for about 10 minutes. The parade will then turn back up State Street and end at City Hall with a ceremony.
- Fairfield - The parade starts at the Community Center at 11 a.m. and proceeds down Main Street to Western Avenue, and ends at Maplewood Cemetery
- Holden - The parade will start at 2 p.m. at the Veterans Memorial, adjacent to the Holden Elementary School on Route 1A
- Norridgewock - The parade starts at 9 a.m. at Osoola Park and travels to the Veterans Memorial for a brief ceremony
- Northeast Harbor - The parade starts at 10:30 a.m. on Main Street. It will include marching bands, horses, floats, and more. The 'Community Cook' begins at 11 a.m. on the Village Green
- Old Town - the parade starts at Old Town High School at 10 a.m. and ends at Birmingham Funeral Home on Main Street. It will be followed by a celebration honoring Veterans at Riverfront Park, with free food for Veterans.
- Portland - The parade starts at 10:30 a.m. from Longfellow Square and will follow Congress Street to Monument Square where there will be a ceremony.
- Waterville - The parade starts at 10 a.m. at the Head of Falls and ends at Veterans Memorial Park in Waterville