MDI Hospital Wellness Walks – August 2022
MDI Hospital's Wellness Program is offering Wellness Walks Mondays and Wednesdays.
During August, the program is meeting at 8 a.m. instead of the usual time of 8:30 a.m. due to the higher traffic on the trails. The goal is to offer a safe and enjoyable activity for everyone. All walkers who are not currently exercising should consult with their health care provider before starting any exercise program.
To sign up or for more information reach out to Mary Parham, the Community Health Educator at 801-5034 or email her at email@example.com
The August schedule is below
- Monday August 1st - Jordan Stream (aka Russell's Ramble) Meet in the lower parking lot at Jordan Pond House; 3 picturesque bridges ! 4.0 miles
- Wednesday August 3rd - Paradise Hill. Meet at the Hull's Cove Visitor's Center at the far end of the parking lot. This is a steep walk with great views! 2.3 miles
- Monday August 8th - Great Head to Thunder Hole. Park in the Great Head parking area. 4.0 miles
- Wednesday August 10th - Amphitheatre Loop. Park in the lot just north of the Brown Mountain Gate House (1 mile North of Northeast Harbor on Route 189) Out and back, up to 5.2 miles round trip.
- Monday August 15th. - Day Mountain Loop. Meet at the Wildwood Stables (restrooms available). Walking around the perimeter loop around Day Mountain. 3 miles.
- Wednesday August 17th - Eagle Lake to Bubble Pond. Meet at the Eagle Lake parking lot on Route 233 across from the head of Eagle Lake. Out and back for 4.2 miles.
- Monday August 22nd - Joan's Jaunt! Meet in the upper, overflow parking lot for the Jordan Pond House 3.5 miles
- Wednesday, August 24th - Seaside Path. Meet at the Seal Harbor parking lot across from the public beach 4.0 miles
- Monday August 29th - Little Long Pond. Meet at the UPPER parking area for Little Long Pond (pass the gate and drive .25 miles towards Northeast Harbor to reach this parking area) 4.0 mile loop.
- Wednesday, August 31st - Witch Hole. Meet at the Duck Brook Bridge Parking area and walk left around Witch Hole backwards! 3.5 miles.