Is Sandy Leon the Answer? [POLL]
The Boston Red Sox are off to a 2-7 start and are 4.5 games out of 1st place behind the Tampa Bay Rays. They have 2 more games, Saturday and Sunday on their 11 game opening West Coast road trip.Their starting pitching in 9 games has been abysmal.
- David Price 1 start 6 innings pitched allowed 3 homers has an ERA of 6.00
- Chris Sale 2 starts 9 innings pitched allowed 4 homers has an ERA of 8.00
- Nathan Eovaldi 2 starts 10 innings pitched allowed 4 homers has an ERA of 8.10
- Eduardo Rodriguez 2 starts 8 innings pitched allowed 2 homers has an ERA of 12.38
- Rick Porcello 2 starts 7.1 innings pitched allowed 3 homers has an ERA of 13.50
The Boston Red Sox waived Sandy Leon, who was the best pitch caller of the 3 Red Sox catchers last year. He is down in Triple A Pawtucket. He is the worst hitter of the 3, Blake Swihart and Christian Vazquez. Swihart in 6 games is batting .500, the best of the Red Sox going 6-12 with a homer. Vazquez is batting .190 in 7 games going 4-21
The question becomes are the Red Sox better off with a weak hitting catcher that the pitchers like throwing to and should the Red Sox recall Leon and put him on the big league roster? What do you think?