Area fire departments responded to a fire at the Willowind Therapeutic Riding Center in Bar Harbor on Wednesday, afternoon, August 7th. We told you that the fire affected a small structure in an adjacent area on the property that is not related to horse equipment.  What we didn't know, was that there was a person renting that small structure and living there!

Caroline Butler and her 2 dogs and cat were living in the structure. The structure was destroyed, and Caroline is having to replace all of her necessities, clothing,  medications and food for her pets and find new housing. She has stayed two nights in a hotel, but is trying (with lots of difficulty) to find something a little more long term that will allow the dogs and cat.

A GoFundMe account has been started for Caroline. To find out more info and to donate please click HERE