Friends in Action Lunch Menus on Tuesdays and Thursdays in March
One of the hardest things about COVID was the sense of isolation that many people have felt. That's why I am so pleased to see that Friends in Action has resumed their Senior Lunches every Tuesday at 12 Noon. And now, due to popular demand, they have expanded and are serving on Thursdays at 12 noon !
The lunches are served at the Moore Community Center in Ellsworth across from Knowlton Park. The cost of the lunches are $5.00, which is a dollar increase that went into effect on February 2nd
The lunches are nutritious, delicious, inexpensive and more importantly a chance for seniors to get together in an warm setting and meet new friends or catch up with old friends!
The lunches have proven to be so popular that Friends in Action is asking that you let them know by Monday at 5 p.m. that you will be attending the Tuesday lunch and by 5 p.m. on Wednesday if you will be attending the Thursday lunch, so that way they have enough food prepared and place settings set. You can either let them know at the lunch or by giving them a call at 664-6016
Here are the March menus
- Thursday March 2nd - Ground Beef Stroganoff, Egg Noodles, Green Beans, Diced Peaches and Dessert
- Tuesday March 7th - Red Beans and Rice, Kielbasa, Peas, Diced Pears and Dessert
- Thursday March 9 - Pork Roast, Stuffing, Carrots, Applesauce and Dessert
- Tuesday March 14 - Ham and Cheese Pasta Bake, Mixed Vegetables, Roll, Mandarin Oranges and Dessert
- Thursday March 16 - Corned Beef, Roll, Boiled Dinner with Potatoes, Carrots and Cabbage, Pineapple Tidbits and Dessert
- Tuesday March 21 - Shepherd's Pie, Roll, Broccoli, Diced Peaches and Dessert
- Thursday March 23 - Baked Ham, Scalloped Potatoes, Roll, Apple Sauce and Dessert
- Tuesday March 28 - Spaghetti and Meatballs, Corn, Roll, Mandarin Oranges and Dessert
- Thursday March 30 - Italian Chicken Pasta Bake, Cauliflower, Roll, Diced Pears and Dessert.