Blue Lobsters Compete for 1st Time
The Blue Lobsters are a Unified Champion Club out of the Downeast Family YMCA. On Fridya, March 11th the swim team competed in the area Special Olympics meet at the Bangor Y. This was their first time competing. There were 7 Blue Lobster athletes competing and all brought home ribbons!
Here are the details:
- Zoey Nevells 1st place 25yd freestyle, 1st place 25yd backstroke
- Bailey Fallica 2nd place 25yd freestyle, 2nd place 25yd backstroke
- Levi Alley 1st place 25yd freestyle, 2nd place 50yd freestyle
- Abbie Stanley 1st place 15yd freestyle
- Moriah Hatch 2nd place 15yd freestyle
- Gracie Fallica 1st place 15yd assisted
- Megan Gellerson 1st place 15yd flotation, 1st place 25yd flotation
The Blue Lobsters are coached by Sharon Longley and Brianna Hester.
Become a Blue Lobster!
Join the Special Olympics Maine Unified Champion Club, a free ongoing program in partnership with Special Olympics Maine and the Maine Masonic Charitable Foundation.
The Blue Lobster program promotes social inclusion by pairing those with and without intellectual disabilities through shared recreational sports and activities.
For ages 5 – 18, activities include basketball, walking club, bingo, art nights, dance parties, and more!
To become a Unified Partner (volunteer) or learn more, contact Elizabeth Stanley at email@example.com or call 207-667-3086.