Bar Harbor’s Paid Parking Begins Monday, May 15
If you have seen the parking meters and kiosks out in Bar Harbor, public works have been putting them out in advance of the paid parking resuming for the season on Monday, May 15th.
Until then, there's no need to fill the meters, but starting Monday, make sure you do!
Here are some handy items to remember.
- The Parking rates range from $1.50 per hour to $2.00 per hour with certain high demand areas having 4-hour limits and the other areas with no limits.
- All major credit/debit cards are accepted as well as US quarters and Town of Bar Harbor Smart Cards and tokens, but no paper money.
- Paid parking will be enforced between the hours of 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Saturday and 12 noon to 8 p.m. on Sunday from May 15 to October 30.
- Paid parking is not enforced on Tuesday, July 4th
- Permit parking areas are designated by signage and will be available for residents, employees, College of the Atlantic students and a few other categories that require certain eligibility factors. Residential permits will automatically renew each season if the applicant choses to select that option. Non-residential, COA, and employee permits are good for one season and should be applied for online. They will be approved by authorized staff and issued electronically by vehicle plate number. Other specialty permits are available, such as contractor, dumpster, boat/trailer, or commercial fishing permits.
To apply for a parking permit online go HERE