Bar Harbor to Hold Public Hearing on Vacation Rentals Ordinance
If you have a vacation rental and live in Bar Harbor, you should be aware that the Bar Harbor Town Council will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, February 19th at 7PM in the Municipal Building Council Chambers.
The proposed ordinance is below
Vacation Rentals Ordinance Amendment
Town of Bar Harbor
An Amendment to amend the registration procedure for Vacation Rentals.
The Town of Bar Harbor hereby ordains that Chapter 190, Vacation Rentals, of the Town Code is amended as follows:
[Please Note: Old language is
stricken. New language is underlined.]
CHAPTER 190 – VACATION RENTALS
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
As defined in Land Use Ordinance § 125-109
§190-3 Registration; procedure.
- All vacation rentals shall be registered with the Town of Bar Harbor on an annual basis, prior to rental. Previously registered vacation rentals shall re-register on or before May 31 annually. Registration forms shall be filed with the building permit files under the management of the Code Enforcement Officer.
- Registration forms shall include the following information:
- Name and mailing address of the owner of the property;
- Physical address of the property to be rented;
- Local contact name and phone number;
- Determination of Land Use Ordinance compliance. Editor’s Note: See Ch. 125, Land Use.
- The property shall pass inspection prior to the issuance of the registration card.
- A registration card shall be issued to the property owner upon submission of the completed form and payment of any fees as may be set from time to time by the Town Council. The card shall certify that the applicant has met all requirements in this chapter and the Land Use Ordinance Editor’s Note: See Ch. 125, Land Use. as attested by both the Fire Chief and the Code Enforcement Officer or his/her designee.
- An approved registration card shall be posted on the premises of the vacation rental unit for convenient inspection by a vacation rental occupant.
- Registration does not relieve the property owner from the obligation to obtain any additional permits necessary for the use.
[End of Ordinance]