Bar Harbor Rt 3 Workplan Week Ending May 18
Construction continues on the Route 3 Construction Corridor in Bar Harbor and now the 1 Way Park Loop Detour, that was in effect last summer, is back in effect. Remember all the businesses on the Cottage Street end by the detour are accessible and OPEN!
Here is the work plan. Work is weather dependent. Please be mindful of the flaggers
- Placing loam from the Acadia National Park entrance to Duck Brook
- Working on the widened shoulder area near Sand Point Road
- Paving driveways and sidewalks from Crooked Road to Highbrook Road and the
shoulder area at Sand Point Road
- Preparing for paving from the Bluffs to the Eagle Lake Road and from the Crooked Road back towards Ellsworth at the beginning of the project
- Landscaping from College of the Atlantic to the Eagle Lake Road
Over Memorial Day weekend, work will be suspended after Thursday, May 23 and won't resume until Tuesday, May 28th. The 1 Way Park Loop Detour will remain in effect during that time period.