August 10th – National S’mores Day [VIDEO]
Today, August 10th is National S'mores Day! I haven't had a s'mores in years until we went over to our neighbors and had s'mores on their deck with their gas fire pit! That was a year ago! It was delicious and I must be due for my yearly S'more!
Now you may not want to stand by a campfire or grill to make your s'mores if you are celebrating today! So I found this recipe for baked s'mores! It's so easy! I'm adding milk chocolate, mini-marshmallows and graham crackers to the shopping list!
And check out this recipe for S'mores brownies courtesy of Save-A-Lot
- 9 Sunny’s honey graham crackers (1 sleeve), crushed
- 4 Tbsp. Coburn Farms salted butter, melted
- 2 cups Ginger Evans mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 box (21.2-oz.) Ginger Evans chocolate chunk brownie mix
- 3 Tbsp. water
- ½ cup Medeiros vegetable oil
- 2-3 Good Nature eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 9x9-inch pan. Alternatively, line the pan with parchment paper and lightly grease so that, once baked, the entire S’mores Brownie may be lifted out of the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press this mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan. Distribute 1 cup or mini marshmallow across the graham cracker crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the brownie mix according to package directions using the water, oil and eggs.
- Remove pan from oven and pour the brownie batter over graham crackers and marshmallows.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from oven and arrange the remaining 1 cup of mini marshmallow over the top. Be sure to keep the marshmallows away from the sides of the pan.
- Return to the oven and continue baking 15 minutes, until marshmallows are golden brown and melted.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing. To get a clean cut, run a large knife under hot water and wipe with a towel after each cut. Store brownies in airtight container for 3 days.
Oh, and tell me this isn't karma! August 10th is also National Lazy Day! Because we all know if you eat too many s'mores you're going into a food coma!