President’s Day Trivia
Happy President's Day! We used to celebrate Washington's Birthday and Lincoln's Birthday, but now we just have one big holiday, President's Day! I bet you didn't know this trivia about our Presidents!
- George Washington's inaugural speech lasted only a minute and a half.
- George Washington's annual salary was $25,000.
- Tthe four presidents on Mount Rushmore are Abrraham Lincoln, George Washington, Theodore Roosevelt and Thomas Jefferson.
- Thomas Jefferson was the first U.S. president to wear long pants. Washington and Adams wore knee-length "knickers."
- The Lincoln penny is the only U.S. coin on which a president's head faces right.
- John Adams was the first president defeated for re-election. He lost to Thomas Jefferson.
- The B in President Rutherford B. Hayes' name,stands for Birchard.
- Andrew Johnson was the first American president to shake hands with people. Up until then, all presidents bowed to subjects they were meeting or addressing
- Jimmy Carter was the first American President born in a hospital.
- Ronald Reagan was inducted into the Cowboy Hall of Fame in 1989
- Abraham Lincoln had a pet turkey named Jack.
- John F. Kennedy nearly died from Scarlet fever at the age of three and had German measles, Whooping Cough, Asthma, Jaundice, Chicken Pox, Diptheria, Malaria, Pneumonia, Colitis, a bladder problem, spastic colon, prostate disease and hemorrhoids.
- 5 Presidents who only had 4 letters in their last names? Bush, Bush, Ford, Taft and Polk.
- James Buchanon was the only bachelor President.
- Gerald Ford installed a toilet seat in the White House bearing his college emblem, the University Of Michigan.