Town of Lamoine to Celebrate 150th Birthday This Saturday August 14 a Year Late
When you turn 150 years old you just can't have a drive by birthday party! So the Town of Lamoine postponed their celebration a year to this Saturday, August 14th, because of COVID. They'll be celebrating their split from the Town of Trenton in 1870
Here's the schedule of events and everything is free to the public
- 1 p.m. - Parade primarily on the Shore Road. Note parking at the School and Church is reserved for parade participants.
- 2 p.m. - Small Boat Excursion at Marlboro Beach - Join with your kayak, rowboat or raft. Please wear life jackets.
- 5:30 - 8:45 - Birthday cake and ice cream, live music, speakers, time capsule, 150! Merchandise for sale. Snack Shack food (hot dogs and chips) will be available with proceeds to benefit the Lamoine School’s 8th grade. Bring snacks or a picnic if you like. Note the school is a drug, alcohol and tobacco free zone.
- 9 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. - Fireworks. They will be set off in the back of the school field. The display will be aerials so you should be able to see it from a distance.
- If the parade is cancelled, it will not be rescheduled.
- If the Small Boat Excursion is cancelled, it will be rescheduled at a later date.
- If the birthday party and fireworks are cancelled, The Lamoine 150! Committee invites the Lamoine community to join them for cake and ice cream and fireworks at the school on Sunday from 7:30 pm-9:30 pm.