Town of Bar Harbor April 1st COVID-19 Update
The Town of Bar Harbor issued a COVID-19 Update on their website, Wednesday afternoon, April 1st
You can read it HERE
It's a good compilation of
- COVID-19 Transmission Update
- Public Safety and Municipal News
- A update from MDI Hospital
- A update from the Bar Harbor Hannaford
- The latest from Acadia National Park
- The latest from the Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce
- School Information: Conners Emerson and MDI High School
- Community Resources
- Government News and Mandates
MDI Hospital confirmed that they have had two (2) positive tests to date. As of today April 1, 2020, Maine CDC has confirmed one (1) case in Hancock County.
BAR HARBOR SUSPENDS LODGING : At a special Town Council meeting held March 30, the Bar Harbor Town Council voted - in the interest of public safety, and to preserve the success of the town's summer season - to suspend all occupancy of transient accommodations, vacation rentals and campgrounds for non-essential travel effective Wednesday, April 8 through Thursday, April 30, 2020. This suspension is specifically effective within the municipal boundaries of Bar Harbor for the time period noted.
Note - All of the information was current as of 4pm on Wednesday, April 1st. Things may have changed, as events shift quickly.