Thank You’s Continue for Bar Harbor Fire Department
In my story the other day, thanking everyone who responded to the Bluenose Inn fire in Bar Harbor, I mentioned 5 things the community could do going forward.
- Volunteer to be a firefighter or assist your local fire department! The departments are woefully understaffed and don't have enough volunteers. You will be trained. You don't have to be an interior firefighter. There are enough jobs for everyone! Talk to your local fire department and ask them how you can help!
- While they don't need any food now, they will later. Check with your local fire department and offer to bring them a home-cooked meal. Call the local dispatch (non-emergency number please) or email the Chief and ask when you can bring something by.
- If you have young children have them make a card or note and thank the firefighters! You'd be surprised how much the members of the department will appreciate that!
- The next bean supper or pancake breakfast that the department hosts, make sure you attend and thank the members in person
- Support their budgets when it comes to town meetings.
Saturday night, I'm delighted to share with you the following photos.
Cards by children are so appreciated by everyone!
And how cute is this?
This young man wanted to come by and thank everyone!
And to the lady who brought chicken and dumplings down to the station on Saturday night, I heard that they were absolutely delicious!
Bar Harbor firefighters have worked tirelessly since Thursday night. All the equipment had to be cleaned and hoses rolled up. They have been up at the site numerous times extinguishing hot-spots.
I'm also told that they brought to the Bar Harbor Food pantry a lot of the donations so they could be put to use immediately.
I know that I speak for the fire department and all the public safety members thanking you, the community for your outpouring of support. It is truly appreciated.
Bluenose Fire February 10