Route 3 Construction Update from the MDOT Week Ending April 20
Construction on the Route 3 Corridor in Bar Harbor has begun, and here is the plan for the Week Ending April 20th. The goal is for everything to be completed by June 15
Traffic will be two-way until paving begins, approximately during the first few weeks of May. After that, the one-way detour will be up and running again, utilizing the Park Loop Road.
- Placing ADA compliant ramps at sidewalks/crossings at various locations along the project
- Placing curbing on Dreamwood Hill towards the beginning of the project, as well as from the Bar Harbor Yacht Club to Duck Brook
- Placing new guardrail from the Bluffs area to Duck Brook
- Placing a new water service for the Connors School on Eagle Lake Road
- Working on widening the shoulder area across from Sand Point Road