Red Sox Set Opening Day Roster
The Boston Red Sox finalized their 25 man roster this morning, prior to Opening Day against the Tampa Bay Rays.
The Red Sox added 2 players to the active roster and placed 4 on the Disabled List
- LHP Bobby Poyner was added to the active roster. He will wear number 66
- RHP Marcus Weldon was added to the active roster. He will wear number 64.
- Infielder Marcus Hernandez, recovering from left shoulder surgery was placed on the 60 Day Disabled List
- RHP Austin Maddox was placed on the 10 Day Disabled List with a right shoulder strain
- 2nd Baseman Dustin Pedroia, recovering from left knee cartilage restoration was placed on the 10 Day Disabled List.
- RHP Tyler Thornburg, recovering from right shoulder thoracic outlet surgery was placed on the 10 Day Disabled List.
The Red Sox’ 2018 Opening Day Roster is as follows:
PITCHERS (12): Matt Barnes, Heath Hembree, Brian Johnson, Joe Kelly, Craig Kimbrel, Rick Porcello, Bobby Poyner, David Price, Chris Sale, Carson Smith, Hector Velázquez, and Marcus Walden.
CATCHERS (3): Sandy Leon, Blake Swihart, and Christian Vázquez.
INFIELDERS (6): Xander Bogaerts, Rafael Devers, Brock Holt, Mitch Moreland, Eduardo Núñez, and Hanley Ramirez.
OUTFIELDERS (4): Andrew Benintendi, Mookie Betts, Jackie Bradley Jr., and J.D. Martinez.
You can hear today's Red Sox game on WDEA AM 1370 with the pregame starting at 3:15 and 1st pitch at 4PM