Rafael Devers’ Top Moments [VIDEO]
With baseball set to resume the end of the month, the Boston Red Sox are gathering at Fenway Park for the summer season, a sprint to September 27th of 60 games. One of the key players that the Red Sox will rely on is 3rd baseman Rafael Devers
Devers is only 23 years old and 2019 was just his 2nd full season in the majors. But 2019 was a breakout year for him. Consider these highlights...
- Was 12th in BBWAA American League MVP voting
- Led the majors in Extra Base Hits (90) and total bases (359)
- Played a team-high 156 games
- Hit .311 with 54 2B, 4 3B, 32 HR, 115 RBI, and 129 runs scored
- Led the Red Sox in hits (201), doubles (54), XBH (90), and AVG (.311)
- Recorded the 25th 30-HR/50-double season in MLB history
- Joined Alex Rodriguez (1996) as the only players ever with 30+ HR and 50+ 2B in a season before turning 23
- Set Red Sox single-season records for a 3rd baseman in HR (32), doubles (54), XBH (90), and total bases (359), and tied the record for runs scored (129)
- Recorded the 28th 200-hit season in Red Sox history, becoming the franchise's youngest player ever to accomplish the feat
- Had 3 hitting streaks of 10+ games (11, 11, 10)
- Named AL Player of the Month for May and AL Player of the Week for 8/12-18.
You'll be able to hear the Red Sox regular season games when the season begins on AM 1370 WDEA. We are also airing a Boston Red Retro Game on Friday night, July 3rd at 7 p.m. when we broadcast Game 3 of the 2004 World Series against the St. Louis Cardinals.