MDI Marathon This Sunday
The MDI Marathon will take place Sunday, October 15 and begins in downtown Bar Harbor and will end in Southwest Harbor. Drivers in the area should exercise caution and be prepared for delays as runners and spectators will be on the course. Early runners will be on the course at 7 AM!
TURN-BY-TURN COURSE DIRECTIONS
- Start at Main Street Bar Harbor.
- Follow Route 3 south.
- Turn LEFT Cooksey Drive. (at approx. 6.3 miles)
- Take next two LEFT turns. (at approx. miles 7.7 and 7.9)
- Turn LEFT a stone fountain in Seal Harbor returning to Route 3.
- Turn LEFT on Route 198 (mile 11.4) just past Asticou Inn.
- Follow Main St. straight through downtown Northeast Harbor.
- Main St. becomes Rock End Road. (Keep Neighborhood House on left.)
- Turn LEFT on Maple Lane.
- Turn RIGHT on South Shore Road.
- Bear left or go straight at all intersections. (Follow painted course markings.)
- South Shore Road becomes Manchester Road. (Half Marathon Start Line)
- Bear LEFT on Sargeant Drive.
- Turn LEFT on Route 198 (at approx. mile 17.3)
- Turn LEFT on Butler Rd (at approx. mile 18.2)
- Turn LEFT and rejoin Route 198 (at approx. mile 18.6)
- Turn LEFT at traffic light on Route 102 (Somesville).
- Finish on Main Street in downtown Southwest Harbor.
To see the MDI Marathon 2017 Handbook with all the information you need if you're competing or just planning to watch the race click HERE
Volunteers are still needed. You can contact race organizer Gary Allen by going to the website and clicking HERE. Also there's a special request if you're a musician... The MDI Marathon is asking musicians to set up along the route and serenade the runners as they run on the route! Play it loud! Play it proud! For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org