MDI Football Shuts Out Ellsworth 56-0 in Prelim Game October 22 [PHOTOS]
On Friday, October 15th, the MDI Trojans and the Ellsworth Eagles Football Teams met for the 1st time in 50 years, in a regular season game. A week later, they met again in the 8-Man North Prelim Game at Alumni Field in Bar Harbor. The Trojans won 56-0 and will advance to play the top-seeded Waterville Panthers on Saturday, October 29th at Waterville at 1 p.m.
The Eagles won the opening toss and deferred, giving the Trojans the ball first. MDI took over on their own 47 yard line.
It only took 4 plays, and 2:02 before the Trojans were in the end zone, on a drive that took 4 plays, capped by Alex Gray running in from yards out. The 2-point conversion was good when Brendan Graves ran into the end zone.
Ellsworth took over on their own 37 yard line, but turned the ball over on downs, with MDI taking over at the Ellsworth 44yard line, with 6:49 left in the 1st Quarter.
MDI was in the end zone, 1:16 later, this time on a 4 yard pass from Spencer Laurendeau to Alex Gray. The 2-point conversion was good, and with 5:33 remaining in the 1st Quarter MDI was up 16-0.
Ellsworth took over on their own 32 yard line,, and Camden Barker's pass was picked off by Brendan Graves, returning the ball to the Eagle's 21 yard line.
1 play later, AJ Lozano was in the end zone, having caught Laurendeau's 21 yard touchdown pass. Graves ran in the 2-point conversion, and with 5:10 remaining in the 1st Quarter MDI was up 24-0.
Ellsworth took over on their own 22 yard line with 3:05 left in the 1st Quarter and after driving, Barker was again picked off, this time by AJ Lozano.
With 11:39 left in the 1st Half, the Trojans had the ball on their own 25 yard line. It took just 2:52 and MDI was in the end zone again, this time on a 17 yard pass play from Laurendeau to Gray. The 2-point conversion was good, as Laurendeau ran it in, and with 8:47 remaining in the 1st Half, MDI was up 32-0.
Ellsworth took over on their own 34 yard line but the offense was forced to punt, with MDI taking over on their own 16 yard line after a booming punt, with 6:08 left in the Half.
It took just 3:31 for MDI to score, as Laurendeau threw his 4th touchdown pass, this time to Jacob Shields, a 6 yard touchdown. The 2-point conversion was good, and MDI led 40-0 with 2:37 remaining in the 1st Half.
Ellsworth took over on their own 8 yard line, and turned the ball over on downs, with MDI taking over on the Ellsworth 16 yard line with 1:16 remaining in the 1st Half. It took just 45 seconds and MDI was in the end zone, this time with Laurendeu running in from 12 yards out. Gray ran in the 2-point conversion and MDI led at the end of the 1st Half 48-0.
The 2nd Half was played under running time. The only score came in the 3rd period when Logan Blanchette ran in from 3 yards out, and then converted the 2-point conversion to make the final 56-0
MDI is now 3-4 while Ellsworth finishes the season 0-5
- Alex Gray 11 carries 111 yards
- Spencer Laurendeau 3 carries 38 yards
- Brendan Graves 4 carries 26 yards
- AJ Lozano 1 carry 17 yards
- Evan MacKenzie 3 carries 12 yards
- Logan Blanchette 2 carries 6 yards
- Izak Beal 3 carries 1 yard
- Spencer Laurndeau 9-10 135 yards
- Alex Gray 2-2 50 yards
- Jacob Shields 4 receptions 60 yards
- AJ Lozano 2 receptions 49 yards
- Sam Sinclair 1 reception 32 yards
- Logan Blanchette 1 reception 18 yards
- Jack Johnson 9 carries 42 yards
- Matt Carney 8 carries 40 yards
- OBrian Robinson 2 carries 3 yards
- Camden Barker 8 carries minus 46 yards
- Camden Barker 9-19 59 yards 2 interceptions
- Matt Carney 0-1 1 interception
- Alex Hamilton 2 receptions 16 yards
- Jack Johnson 3 receptions 14 yards
- Isiah Corson 1 reception 12 yards
- Casey McDonald 1 reception 10 yards
- Matt Carney 1 reception 17 yards
- Andy Herric 1 reception 6 yards