MDI Football Falls to MCI 47-8 [PHOTOS]
The MCI Huskies came to Bar Harbor Friday night, September 13th and beat the MDI Trojans 47-8 at Alumni Field.
The Huskies dominated the 1st Half, leading 28-8 and holding MDI to 95 yards on offense and the score could have been worse for MDI, as the Trojans recovered a pair of fumbles by MCI and intercepted a pass.
MDI won the coin toss and elected to receive. MCI tried an onside kick to start the game but MDI recovered the ball at the MCI 48 yard line. After moving the ball downfield Baylor Landsman was picked off and the Huskies took over on their own 24 yard line.
Two plays later, quarterback Ryan Friend ran the ball in from the 27 yard line, for a 73 yard touchdown run. The point after attempt was blocked and MCI was up 6-0 with 8:33 left in the 1st Quarter.
MCI attempted another onside kick, but again the Trojans recovered this time at midfield. Their offense turned the ball over on downs and MCI took over on their own 45 yard line with 6:41 remaining in the 1st Quarter.
5 plays later, Friend completed a 5 yard pass to Dominic Wilson and the Huskies were in the end zone. The 2-point conversion was good as Friend completed a pass to Adam Paquin and MCI led 14-0 with 4:06 remaining in the 1st Quarter.
With MDI taking over on their own 14 yard line , their drive lasted only 3 plays before MCI intercepted a pass, taking over at the MDI 43 yard line.
MCI fumbled 5 plays later, with MDI recovering at their own 14 yard line. They went 3 and out, having to punt, but MCI fumbled the punt return and Landsman recovered at the MCI 47 yard line.
The Trojans were unable to move the ball and had to punt again.
With 10:29 left in the 1st Half, MCI took over at their 32 yard line and 3 plays later Landsman picked off Friend.
Again the Trojan offense couldn't moved the ball and MDI was forced to punt again.
With 8:37 left in the 1st Half, MCI took over at their own 15 yard line. 11 plays later, Xavier Moss powered in from the 1 yard line for the touchdown. The drive took 11 plays and 4:23. The extra point was blocked and MCI led 20-0 with 4:14 left in the 1st Half.
Landsman was picked off again, and MCI took over at the MDI 37 yard line. 2 plays later Friend completed a 33 yard pass to Wilson for the touchdown. The 2-point conversion was good as Friend ran the ball in, and with 2:30 remaining MCI was up 28-0.
MDI got onto the scoreboard with 10.8 seconds remaining when Landsman scored on a quarterback sneak form 1 yard out. Landsman scored on the 2-point conversion and at the end of the 1st Half MCI led 28-8.
It stayed that way until Cole Steeves scored from 7 yards out. The drive took 6 plays and 3:19. Kyle Burger Roy kicked the point after and with 8:34 left in the 3rd Quarter the Huskies were up 35-8.
The score was 41-8 when Friend completed a pass to Will Russell from 21 yards out. The point after attempt was blocked with 3:10 left.
The final score came with 1:51 left in the game when Braeden Kennedy ran in from 10 yards out. The 2-pint conversion failed, making the final score 47-8
Thanks to Walter Churchill for the photos.
MDI is now 1-1 on the season and will travel to Old Town to take on the Coyotes on Friday, September 20th. That game will be broadcasted on WDEA Internet Radio, on our free downloadable APP and on any Alexa enabled device. The pregame will be broadcast starting at 6:40 with the kickoff at 7PM.
MCI is now 2-0 and will play host to Nokomis High School on Friday September 20th at 7PM.
- Sam Mitchell 8 carries 60 yards
- Jack Hodgdon 1 carry 26 yards
- Baylor Landsman 10 carries 25 yards
- Brendan Graves 2 carries 3 yards
- Hunter Gray 3 carries 2 yards
- Maddox Laurendeau 1 carry 2 yards
- Billy Hodgdon 3 carries 0 yards
- Baylor Landsman 4-17 3 interceptions 25 yards
- Bill Hodgdon 2-4 1 Interception 27 yards
- AJ Lozano 3 receptions 16 yards
- Sam Keblinsky 2 receptions 21 yards
- Sam Mitchell 1 reception 6 yards
- Ryan Friend 9 carries 183 yards
- Xavier Moss 11 carries 48 yards
- Cole Steevees 11 carries 30 yards
- Dominic Wilson 1 carry 16 yards
- Braeden Kennedy 3 carries 11 yards
- Elijah Bagley 3 carries 5 yards
- Darius Williams 2 carries 4 yards
- Ryan Friend 8-13 171 yards 3 Touchdowns 1 Interception
- Dominic Wilson 2-3 19 yards
- Kyle Hall 0-1
- Dominic Wilson 4 receptions 85 yards
- Nason Berthelette 3 receptions 22 yards
- Will Russell 2 receptions 39 yards
- Adam Paquin 1 reception 34 yards