MDI Football Defeats Ellsworth 62-20 [PHOTOS]
The MDI Trojans defeated the Ellsworth Eagles 62-20 on Friday night, September 30th at Tug White Stadium at Ellsworth High School.
MDI scored 4 touchdowns in the 1st Quarter, and led 32-0 at the end of the 1st Quarter..
It was 40-0 before Thomas Jude scored Ellsworth's 1st touchdown with 8:30 left in the 1st Half. MDI led 54-8 at the end of the 1st Half.
The 2nd Half was played under running time.
Aiden Grant scored 3 rushing touchdowns for MDI. Spencer Laurendeau threw 2 touchdown passes, to Alex Gray and Jacob Shields, and caught 2 touchdown passes. Gray threw 3 touchdown passes in addition to catching a touchdown pass.
Here's the scoring summary.
- 10:29 left Aiden Grant 15 yard run 2 point conversion was good. Drive took 1:34 MDI 8 Ellsworth 0
- 6:20 left Aiden Grant 7 yard run. 2 point conversion was good. Drive took 1;53 MDI 16 Ellsworth 0
- 2:18 left 53 yard pass from Spencer Laurendeau to AlexGray. 2 point conversion was good. Drive took 58 seconds. MDI 24 Ellsworth 0
- 1:49 left 20 yard pass from Spencer Laurendeau to Jacob Shields. Drive took 11 seconds. 2 point conversion was good. MDI 32 Ellsworth 0
- 11:00 left. 35 yard pass from Alex Gray to Spencer Laurendeau. Drive took 47 seconds. 2 point conversion was good MDI 40 Ellsworth 0
- 8:30 left 1 yard run by Thomas Jude. 2 point conversion was good. Drive took 2:25 MDI 40 Ellsworth 8
- 3:22 left Aiden Grant 2 yard run. 2 point conversion was good Drive took 2:56. MDI 48 Ellsworth 8
- 2:46 left 39 yard pass Alex Gray to Spencer Laurendeau. Drive took 15 seconds. 2 point conversion was no good. MDI 54 Ellsworth 8
- 4:56 left 15 yard pass from Alex Gray to Jacob Shields 2 point conversion was good. MDI 62 Ellsworth 8
- 11:10 left Eli King 18 yard run. 2 point conversion was no good. MDI 62 Ellsworth 14
- 5:16 left 7 yard pass from Thomas Jude to Isaih Corson 2 point conversion was no good MDI 62 Ellsworth 20
Here are the unofficial stat from the game
- Aiden Grant 8 carries 95 yards
- Alex Gray 3 carries 55 yards
- Spencer Laurendeau 3 carries 30 yards
- Brendan Graves 2 carries 5 yards
- Rykin Hamor1 carry 4 yards
- Ripley Hawkins 1 carry -2 yards
- Logan Rrowell 4 carries 32 yards
- Eli King 1 carry 18 yards
- Jo James Chin 4 carries 7 yards
- Obrian Robinson 3 carries 4 yards
- Ripley Strout 4 carries 4 yards
- Thomas Jude 4 carries 3 yards
- Christian Hesseltine 1 carry 0 yards
- Kelvin Larrabbee 2 carries -3 yards
- Mason Downing 3 carries -6 yards
- Spencer Laurendeau 4-5 2 touchdowns
- Alex Gray 3-5 3 touchdowns
- Brendan Graves 1-1
- Ripley Hawkins 0-1
- Thomas Jude 11-21 1 Touchdown
- Mason Dowing 0-3 1 Interception
- Jacob Shields 5 receptions 51 yards
- Spencer Laurendeau 2 receptions 74 yards
- Alex Gray 2 receptions 58 yards
- Isaiah Corson 5 receptions 31 yards
- Mason Downing 3 receptions 29 yards
- Ripley Strout 1 reception 35 yards
- Andy Herrick 1 reception 15 yards
- Jo James Chin 1 reception 10 yards
MDI is now 2-2. They will play host to Camden Hills on Friday, October 7th at 7 p.m. That game will be broadcast on AM 1370 WDEA, on WDEA Internet Radio, on our Free Downloadable APP and on any Alexa enabled device.
Ellsworth is 0-4. They will play host to Lake Region on Friday, Octobe r7th at 6 p.m.
Thanks to Walter Churchill for the photos!
You can nominate someone for the Week 5 High School Athlete of the Week by emailing HERE. Please put High School Athlete of the Week in the subject. Nominations for games September 26- October 1st need to be received by October 3rd. Then tell us why your nominee is deserving! Let us know specifics! How many goals did she/he score? How many yards did they run for? How many yards did they pass for? How fast did they run in the cross country race? What did they shoot in the golf match? We also want to know what school they go to! Please send them by Monday night!
Tuesday we will then compile the nominees and it will be your turn to choose the winner! You can then cast your votes, and voting will close Thursday night at 11:59 p.m. We will then announce the winner online and on air on Friday each week!
We are also looking for reports of High School Soccer, Field Hockey, Football, Volleyball and Golf results. If you can email them HERE we will write recaps nightly. We need the score, who scored the goal, and any highlights. For golf results, if you can send a photo of the scoresheet that would be fantastic! You can even text the photo of the golf scoresheet to 207-469-8660