Hood Sportsmanship Scholarships
Local high school students are now competing for Hood Sportsmanship Scholarships. This $5000 scholarship is awarded to 18 seniors throughout New England.
Competing for this from MDI High School, Ellsworth High School and Bucksport High School are
- MDI High School - Mariah Hamor
- Ellsworth High School - Sam Alvarado and Diane Roberts
- Bucksport High School - Hailey Betts, Dylan Bunker, Kristina Cloutier, Drew Malenfant, Taylor Megno, Victoria Rich and Arlena Tolmasoff
To see all those seeking your votes from Maine click HERE
To be eligible, high school seniors must have proven their ability to put the spirit of competition above winning while participating in a varsity sport. Students must have plans to further their education by attending a two-or four-year accredited college or university in fall 2017. Students must have also earned a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher and performed volunteer work in the community to be eligible. Entering applicants will be asked to write an essay explaining how they display sportsmanship and integrity on and off the field.
- Scholarship finalists will be chosen via online voting at Hood.com between March 27, 2017, at 9AM EDT and April 10, 2017, at 3PM EDT. Schools and applicants should encourage the community to visit Hood.com to vote for their favorite student.
- The 10 students from each of the six New England states who receive the most votes will be interviewed in late April by a select panel of judges. Three students from each state will be selected as winners for a total of 18 scholarships.
- Scholarship winners will be honored at an awards ceremony and inducted into the Hood Sportsmanship Scholarship Hall of Fame, located at The Sports Museum inside the TD Garden in Boston.