HCTC Announces National Technical Honor Society Inductees
On Tuesday, April 21st, Hancock County Technical Center released a list of the 21 students who through their efforts and achievements will be inducted into the National Technical Honor Society.
The National Technical Honor Society is America’s highest award for excellence in career and technical education. NTHS members are required to be good, honest and responsible citizens who have made a personal commitment to excellence. As a NTHS member, students have been identified as one of the top-performing students in the nation. Their achevement has placed them among a very select group of students qualifying for membership in the National Technical Honor Society. They need a cumulative grade point average in their program of 3.28 (88) or higher. They also need a cumulative grade point average at their high school of 3.1 (85)
The inductees are
Bucksport High School
- Stephanie Bennett, Culinary Arts
- Raiya Vikberg, Culinary Arts
Deer Isle - Stonington School
- Emma Plummer, Health Occupations
- Ariel Larrabee, Biomedical Sciences
- Jacob Gell, Marine Service Technology
Ellsworth High School
- Samantha Simmons, Law Enforcement
- Elaine Hutchins, Health Occupations
- Taylor Clark, Health Occupations
- Logan Grass, Culinary Arts
- Nicholas Cormier, Multimedia
- Matthew Reid, Multimedia
- Ben Snow, Multimedia
- Michael Farley, Multimedia
- Noah Scholes, Biomedical Sciences.
George Stevens Academy
- Saylor Grant, Health Occupations
- Jaiden Dennison, Health Occupations.
MDI High School
- Lillian Philbrook, Biomedical Sciences
- Julia Perconti, Biomedical Sciences
- Rylie Clough, Early Childhood Education
- Race Parsons, Culinary Arts.
Sumner Memorial High School
- Belinda Catheron, Health Occupations