EHS Swims By GSA on Senior Night
The Ellsworth Girls and Boys Swim Teams swam past GSA on Friday, January 31st at the Downeast Family YMCA. The Girls beat GSA 119-30 while the Boys beat GSA 95-36.
Highlights from the meet from Coach Jim Goodman include
- Girls 200 Med Relay, knocked off almost a 1.5 seconds off their best time so far achieving 2:00.28.
- Kristen Moseley did her best split time in her leg of the 200 MR B team for Fly at :36.00.
- Mike Farley did his best 50 split time ever in his 200 MR B team for Free at 31.07.
- Kristen Moseley qualified for States in the 200 Free with a time of 2:28.08.
- Rachael Hastey of Sumner HS dropped almost a second in her 200 Free.
- Jordan Berry dropped 4 seconds off her 200 IM time.
- Joey Khederain of Sumner HS dropped almost a second off her 50 time.
- Henry Scheff dropped almost ½ second off his 50 time.
- Ben Osterlin dropped 2/10 second off his 50 time.
- Caitlin MacPherson dropped almost 2 seconds off her Fly time.
- Lilja Hanson established her time for the her fly at 1:20.09
- Nick Partridge had his best HS time for his fly at 1:00.54.
- Caroline Mazgaj dropped almost 5 seconds off her HS 100 Free time with a new best time of 58.57. !!!
- Leah MacPherson dropped about 3/10 of second off her 100 Free.
- Brooke Spaulding time for the 100 Free was her best time ever of 1:36.79, her last recorded time was 2:04.30!!!!
- Brianna Simpson dropped almost 12 seconds in her 100 Free time to 1:59.23.
- Ben Osterinn dropped 6 seconds in his 100 Free time from 1:11.15 to 1:06.71
- Lucas Fendl set a new time for himself in the 500 Free of 6:13.02 and qualified for States.
- Caitlin MacPherson qualified for States in the 100 Back.
- Brooke Spauding dropped ½ in her 100 Breaststroke.
- Kristen Moseley dropped 2 seconds in her 100 Breaststroke.
The PVC Swimming and Diving Championships are Friday, February 7th at 6p.m. at Husson University.
To see the full results click ellsvsgsameetresults