Bar Harbor Route 3 Construction Corridor Work Plan Week Ending November 17
Construction continues on the Route 3 Bar Harbor Corridor. Here is the work plan for the week ending November 17th
The detour is in effect, and remember commercial vehicles should not be using the Park Loop Road detour! There have been instances when vehicles have been pulled over for not following the rules. It is so important to drive carefully and slowly on the detour route. Please follow the directions of the flaggers and try to move over to give the construction crews as much room as possible.
Here's the anticipated work plan. Remember everything is weather dependent.
The contractor will be working in the areas stated below for the week:
- Working on shaping, placing stone and loaming inslopes from the Acadia National Park Entrance through the Bluffs
- Placing new concrete curbing from the Acadia National Park Entrance into the Bluffs.
- Grade and pave driveways from the Acadia National Park Entrance into the Bluffs.
- Lower frames and grates from West Street to Duck Brook
- Install new guardrail from Duck Brook to the Bluffs.