The National Park Service has released their Fee Free Days for 2023 whereby you can enter any National Park, including Acadia National Park without paying an entrance fee.

No admission fees will be collected on

  • January 16, Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
  • April 22, First day of National Park Week
  • August 4, Anniversary of the Great American Outdoors Act
  • September 23, National Public Lands Day
  • November 11, Veterans Day

A park pass must be displayed for all entering Acadia.

Fees for Acadia National Park are

  • $30 for private vehicles which admits a private vehicle and all occupants for 7 days.
  • Motorcycle passes are $25 which admits a motorcycle and 1 or 2 passengers for 7 days.
  • Per person pedestrian passes are $15 for 7 days.
  • There is no admission fee for those 15 and under.
  • Seniors 62 and up can purchase an annual pass for $20 or a lifetime pass for $80
  • US citizens and permanent residents with permanent disabilities and active duty military personnel with their dependents (with proper documentation) are admitted for no charge

This is a free pass for U.S. 4th grade students. Must bring printed voucher to exchange for pass. Please visit for instructions on how to obtain the required printed voucher. This pass is valid for 12 months beginning September of the year the student begins 4th grade and valid until the following August.

Cadillac Summit Vehicle Reservations are required from May 24 through Oct 22, 2023 and cost $6.00 per vehicle. Reservations are tentatively set to open beginning on a rolling basis beginning February 24, 2023. 30 percent  are made available 90 days ahead of each date. The remaining 70 percent are released at 10 a.m. 2 days ahead.

The Park Loop Road is closed  to vehicular traffic for the season through April 14, 2023.

WDEA Ellsworth Maine logo
Get our free mobile app

Check out photos from Thunder Hole encased in ice from January 22, 2019

Thunder Hole Encased In Ice

More From WDEA Ellsworth Maine